Friday, June 16, 2006

Unexpected development

I was reading the online version of the newspaper Ivy's brother writes for, and noticed a very rude comment left by some guy who was saying that Hughes should keep all of his personal stuff out of the newspaper. The funny thing? Even though I was mad at Hughes, I jumped to his defense.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with a columnist dedicating a column to saying farewell to a dear friend. After all, it's his column, and he can do whatever he pleases with it. And nobody can say otherwise. Here's an example of democracy and free will: if you don't like how a guy writes, just don't read him.

I am surprised how I was able to put aside my ill will towards Hughes long enough to defend his actions. I dunno where such clarity of mind came from. What I do know is this: after five long years, the guy feels like family. And nobody messes with my family.

No comments: