Sunday, June 18, 2006

Gentlemen, hide your girlfriends!

I got together with a few friends to watch one of the World Cup matches at a bar. We sat near one of the big-screen TV's they've got, we downed a few brewskies (beers) and had a good time. But then, my friend Fonz showed up with his girlfriend Jaq in tow. Whoa. The girl is a stunner: Blonde, great figure, very attractive. And she's very nice, to boot.

There was a moment when Fonz was talking to a friend of his and so Jaq and I started chatting amongst ourselves. She's a lawyer, and we ended up talking about conflict mediation, which she is very passionate about. Then started tapping me in the arm as she was talking.

I wasn't the only one to notice this. The Fonz did too. He came over and embraced Jaq, positioning himself between her and me. After a few minutes, he casually took her away from me to the other side of the table.

On the ride home, I kept thinking about those very events and concluded that Fonz had viewed me as a threat to his relationship and decided to take immediate action.

Honestly, I was totally flattered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! you made him scared! great job :D