Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The darkness cometh

I have had this daydream for some time.

There was a seaside resort when I was a kid, called Leekin's. It had suites that faced the ocean. Around 8 PM, you could go out on the balcony and everything outside would be pitch black. So black indeed, that you couldn't see the ocean, just hear the waves crashing down below. Cold seabreeze would blow against your face, making you feel like you were about to be taken away by the omnipotent obscurity ahead.

In my daydream, I'm back at that balcony. I am leaning upon the railing. I gaze at the darkness in front of me. I know there's something in front of me, something huge, but I can't see it at all.

Just like it did when I was a kid, the experience is both frightening and exciting at the very same time.

My future is just as dark, powerful and mysterious. Where will it take me? I have no idea. All I know is that it's out there, and it's coming for me, whether I'm ready or not.

No comments: