Saturday, June 24, 2006

Busy day

What a day. I'll try to break it down in a way that it is narrated in a way that doesn't lose any zest.

My granny's bday, redux


Today was my granny's birthday party. It was a cozy affair, only seven people at my mom's. We had some very tasty sandwiches. I contributed with some party decorations: a handmade banner, and some colorful balloons. Looked very darn nice if I say so myself.

Just like any other Saturday


I once again attended my cousin's band weekend concert. It's becoming kinda boring. Same songs over and over, at ear-splitting decibels. I am striving to continue, 'cause I'm the only family member that regularly attends his gigs. And being a musician is pretty rough. I feel support is badly needed, so I'm just doing my part.

While in the midst of being totally deafened...


I got a call from Joey. He was returning one of my calls. He agreed to meet me at the bar where my cuz plays. We went nearby to down a few beers and talk a bit.

We had one of those really long talks that enrichen a person's life. We talked about my loss, and how I'm handling it. I put a lot of effort not to victimize myself, and tried to maintain a positive spin on the whole deal. Talking about my deceased girlfriend can be really depressing. But not today. I would even go as far as to say that it was also very liberating. I was able to look at my life and realize that I can go on. I have to.

No comments: