Saturday, June 03, 2006

The outcast

Lately it seems as if I have to find a group to hang out with.

My old friends are all getting married and having kids. I am not about to do any of those things in the near future, so I find myself living in a totally different world from them. They spend all their time talking about finding a house, buying baby crap, paying mortages... whist I'm talking about bars and going out and having a good time.

Diferent worlds.

But then, when I try to go out with younger folk, I find myself unable to fit in as well. I tried to hang out with some of my cousin Paul's friends. Man, they talk about chicks and cutting class and stuff I did about ten years ago. They seem so full of energy, with all of their lives ahead of them, their future ripe with potential. Plus, all they wanna do is get drunk and party. Which they do as often as possible.

Talk about opposites, right? One group is totally banal and carefree. The other is firmly grounded and serious.

And I fit in neither.

No comments: