Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bruce

Have I told you about Bruce? He's my oldest and wackiest friend. He and I have been together for the last 25 years. Sometimes we've been really close, and sometimes we haven't. We've had a lot of crazy adventures together. Recently I we got together to talk after almost six months of not seeing each other. He told me about the really silly adventures he's had lately.

One classic Bruce story: he got drunk, got into a fight, got all his clothes torn, went into a disco (ripped clothes, bloody face and all) managed to hook up some girl and made out with her all night.

Another little anecdote: He and a few friends got really drunk (alcohol is a constant in all of Bruce's tales). Next thing they knew, they were in a car with four very friendly girls (whom they didn't know) who were hanging out the sunroof and shrieking like mad women.

Sadly, it seems that Bruce is paying the price of such hard partying. He had kidney failure, and now he has to stay off liquor for at least six months. I mean, he can't even have a Coke.

Despite the ghastly aftermath, seeing him has prompted me to realize that my life has gotten really stale. I mean, all my other, more sensible friends are leading really stiff lives. They're married, they have to. Even though I was ready to do the same, now that Fate has spun my life around, I think I'll go out and have some fun while I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kz, i added you to msn about two weeks ago or so, and i noticed you havn't accepted me yet! Or msn screwed up again like they did the first time. activate! :)