Saturday, October 28, 2006

Ivy, the time sponge

I hadn't noticed how much time I invested into Ivy until she left. Suddenly, I found myself with horrible amounts of free time. I quickly realized that if I didn't do something about it, I would go insane.

That's when I decided to take another stab at getting my degree. Now I'm really close to finishing my graduation projects, and it saddens me to realize that I'm only able to get this far because I'm single. Ivy would absorb all my free time like a sponge. Not that I didn't totally enjoy giving all my time to her. I don't regret it at all, but being with Ivy and doing homework just didn't go together.

I remember a time when we decided that we were gonna attempt to study in the same room. It didn't work out at all. We lasted about ten minutes before we ran to each other. We spent the rest of the afternoon cuddling. Time well spent if you ask me, but no homework was done at all.

No comments: