Friday, October 20, 2006

Drinks with Bruce

I met up with Bruce today. Our excuse was that he needed some dough and I agreed to give it to him as long as he got me the number of a girl he knew. Besides our little transaction, we had some shrimp cocktails and then we headed out to a bar, where each of us had a tall glass of beer. Oh, and some munchies. Can't forget about them munchies.

We talked about stuff. Bruce is one of my oldest friends (25 years) and even though our tastes differ enormously in a lot of ways, we share views in a few aspects of life. Sometimes he asks my advice (although he usually never does what I tell him to). And sometimes I do the same (but I do follow his advice).

We talked about him finally getting this big job at a corporation. He's gonna be earning about three times what I earn now. Yeah, I'm envious as heck, but nobody told me to take on the Lexcorp job anyways.

We talked about me getting back on the horse. The relationship horse, I mean. His advice was not to dispair (it's a loooong process), and not to look for girls at a bar. Most of the time, that goes awry. He should know. He's picked hundreds of women since he was 15.

He also says that looks are overrated, and that women over 25 are more open to going out with a guy with an flawed physique such as mine. Dunno about that one. I mean, what does he know? He's looked buff ever since we were in the sixth grade.

Once the beer was filling our bellies, the bill was paid and we headed out. Till we meet again.

No comments: