Friday, October 20, 2006

Well, that's something you don't hear everyday

Guess what a classmate told me today! He told me that when he met me, a few months back, he figured I was gay. I was surprised by his comment, but not as much as how I reacted: I was totally cool with it.

Really.

I guess several factors influenced my reaction. First of all, the guy wasn't doing it to provoke me. He was very sincere when he told me, and I could tell. Also, had the comment come from somebody else, my reaction could've been different.

So far, this incident hasn't made me become concerned about projecting a sufficiently macho image. After all, it's not like this kind of thing happens all the time. If there's one thing I'm secure of, it's my masculinity. I mean, in the past, I've worried about not being tall enough, not being cool enough, but never about not being man enough.

But hey, it happened to Chandler too.

No comments: