Friday, January 26, 2007

Tonight, on a very special CSI

I love CSI very much. However, I understand that as a TV show, it needs to keep viewers glued to their seats week after week. And one surefire way to do it is to portray deviant behaviour. They did a show on paraphilic infantilism, and another one on clown fetish. However, what really got me squirming was their furry fandom episode. In case you are too lazy to click on the links, being a furry means you have a very intense attraction towards antropomorphic animals. Some even dress as big furry beasts and they have sex with their furry suits on.

As I watched the show, I kept thinking to myself 'well, I've never heard of furries before, but if it's on CSI, it probably is true' and a quick search on Google proved me right. Not only are the furries real, but they even have their own wiki, for crying out loud.

I am reminded of Wayne's World's Garth Algar (Dana Carvey), who asks his friend Wayne (Mike Myers) if he ever found Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny.

You can relax, my dear Garth: you're not alone.

No comments: