Sunday, January 21, 2007

Lizzie

Lizzie, have I told you about her? She's hard to describe. First of all, she's one of those girls who doesn't look like anybody else, yet she has a beauty all of her own. And even though she's really elegant and proper, she's also very accesible and nice. She's great conversation partner, too.

So why haven't I been putting the moves on her? Several reasons. First of all, she's a friend of my sister's, and that's always a big hurdle. Also, neither of us was single up until recently.

But suddenly, she was single once more. This flicked a switch inside of me, and so I began to be extra nice to her, while I awkwardly attempting to obtain a secure foothold in her heart. But it was never to be. Shortly afterwards, she showed up at my mom's house with a guy in tow. I was crushed, and it was a really grueling evening while I attempted to digest the fact that I wasn't even in the picture.

Over time, I found out bits and pieces of information, which painted a broader canvas than the one I had envisioned. She had known the guy for over four years. They'd been dating almost since she went back on the market. So I never really had a chance.

Oh well, at least she's still fun to talk to.

No comments: