Sunday, January 14, 2007

About girlfriends...

Here's another post about my endless search for a new love. I've had several talks with folks and they have concurred that my approach was totally mistaken. Basically I screwed everything with Addie because I told her I loved her too early in the game. The idea is to focus on making out first, then asking out. My bad.

But I think the problem isn't just my approach, but that I have the whole girlfriend thing badly focused. I need to stop thinking about looking for the love of my life. I need to stop thinking about finding a wife. I need to live my present. I need to get a girl, even if she doesn't have any of the qualities that I think my perfect woman should have. I need to do it to prove myself I can still reel them in. This relationship should be short-term. Six to twelve months, max. Then move on to the next one.

Hopefully, this way I will learn the techniques to be more alluring and charming and I will be able to gain access to girls better suited for my long-term purposes.

I see only one problem: my tendency to fall in love very easily. I need to kill this impulse for good. Love should only come after months and months of sharing, not after a few weeks. If I don't handle this, I could lose all objectivity and end up with the wrong girl. And I really, really don't want that.

No comments: