Sunday, January 14, 2007

Everybody is a critic

I have recently noticed how everybody seems to have an unpleasant comment about everybody's boyfriend or girlfriend.

As I mentioned previously, Bay's fiancee gets called some very nasty names on account of her size. It could be argued that she gets such a rough treatment because she is quite a character, an acquired taste, if you will.

Nice people get uncivil comments too. A woman once told me that a co-worker's fianceƩ (a very nice and friendly gal) was 'too ugly for him'. Obviously, the harpy was annoyed by the fact that the guy hadn't picked her. She obviously hadn't looked at herself on a mirror either.

But people also say rude things about folks they supposedly like. A guy said that a mutual friend's girlfriend 'looked like a man', because she isn't fond of dresses or skirts.

Wonder what they'll say about my girlfriend. Once I get one, that is.

No comments: