Sunday, January 14, 2007

Making fun of extra wide citizens

My friend Bay works down at Lexcorp. He's the nicest guy ever. You'd like him too if you met him. His fianceƩ, well... that's a whole different story. She is kind of annoying and dominating. She also has a way to rub people the wrong way. Because of this, she is constantly being made fun of behind her back. The fact that she is a plus-plus-size girl is a favorite subject of derisive remarks. They call her 'propane tank', amongst other things. I am not specially fond of the girl, but I don't join in. My friend Bay seems really happy, and that's what matters.

However, sometimes you just can't take the high road. I was just checking Bay's MySpace page, and he had posted a photo of his normal-size mom and his plump bride-to-be. The caption underneath read, 'Here's the two stars of my life.'

Before I knew it, this popped in my mind: ''Well, his mom may be a star, but his fiancee is a supernova!" Then, I started chuckling.

I am not proud of myself.

No comments: