Thursday, January 25, 2007

Shakira

I love her. I really do. How can you not? She's got a great body and a beautiful physique. Plus, she is Colombian. What else could you possibly want?

I loved her inicial phase, but her post-crossover phase has been interesting as well. I wish she would make at least one video where her pelvis is the feature star. But her songs are really cool. I love how focused she is, and how well she has handled fame, despite the fact that she started up very young. Exactly what Britney couldn't do.

Some compared Shakira's songwriting and lyrical style to Alanis Morissette's, but where is Alanis now? Probably scraping the bottom of a dumpster somewhere. Talk about a one-album wonder.

But Shakira is different. Seven albums and still going strong. And even though she seems unable to make one video without shaking her hips all over the place, the vids are always cool to watch. Even the old stuff is really good despite it's over ten years old.

Man, I love that woman.

No comments: