Friday, September 01, 2006

Xanadu Weekend

Rossenthal's a cool guy. He was going to Xanadu to see Donny. He knew I wanted to come as well, so he waited for me. This is specially generous since it's a four hour drive and the trip gets kinda dangerous at night. But Ross's a great driver, he knows the road and we got there safely.

I believe I've mentioned Donny before. He's a former Design classmate. He has his own design studio in Xanadu. I had several reasons to go see him. For instance, I hadn't seen him in nine months. The last time I saw him was when Id dropped him off at the airport when he took off for Europe with his girl. The other reason for going to see him was that I needed his help with with Phase One of my graduation project, which is a Flash portfolio. (I promise to share it once it's finished.)

Donny and I have a special kind of friendship. After college, we have remained close even though we only see each other a couple of times a year.

Donny and I worked on my project for hours. Then he asked me for help on a project of his, which we worked on for ten hours straight. We started working on it around 10 PM and finished around 8 AM next day. When we finished, I didn't want to see even a tiny speck of HTML again.

Even though it was a labor-intensive weekend, we still managed to have a great time. I totally love Donny's family. They're very loving, funny and relaxed. I hope to go see them again really soon.

No comments: