Friday, September 29, 2006

My humor

I was thinking about my sense of humor today. This is what I came up with.

1. I am a fan of the non sequitur. It's basically saying a phrase that has no relation whatsoever with everything said up to that point. I love its potential for shock, which is a really cool way of making jokes.

Example:
-So what are you gonna be doing today?
-Killing a South African President. You?

It's the kind of humor that gets you labeled as 'weird' really fast.

2. Another favorite humoristic tool of mine: the double entendre. It's saying one thing while meaning another.

Example:
-People should just let me do my thing!
-If you decide to do your thing, remember the K-Y Jelly.

The audience has got to be really sharp for that one. Most people aren't.

3. The hyperbole. Man, I can't live without that one. It's taking something ordinary and making it huge. Jhohen Vasquez used it a lot in Invader Zim.

No comments: