Sunday, September 17, 2006

Marriage and fatherhood angst

I really want to be a husband and a father. But should I?
Maybe I'd be doing the world a favor by not procreating.
And marrying some poor girl seems like the cruelest thing I could ever do.

Yeah, I'm being melodramatic, but I'm feeling kinda down.

And right now, it does feel like I'm asking for more than I'm entitled to, like I don't really deserve to be married and have kids. I'll tell you this: If I am to be a lousy father and a crappy husband, I would rather just forget the whole thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kz, I told you this before, you would be a great dad. Many people feel like you do, me too. But I know that even though I'm not ready yet to have kids, I will one day. And besides, a lot of parenting is learned along the way :)