Thursday, July 15, 2004

I'm still a designer, right?

Lexcorp is wasting my valuable talents with unproductive chores.

 

I'm a D-E-S-I-G-N-E-R, for cripes's sake. Says so in my job description. Therefore, I should be designing stuff.

 

Instead, all I do is type in MS Word the whole day. Yes, I'm still doing the Lexcorp Gazette. In case you skipped previous entries, the Gazette is 1000 pages long and it spreads over four volumes. It's 100% solid text. The content is totally lame corporate stuff.  

 

All the designing I get to do right now is using the space between characters and the leading in creative ways just so that the material fits into a page nicely. It's so tiresome, so repetitive, so... boring.

 

And the work is far from over. After I finish this book, I'll still have five more to go.  Hooray.

 

 

All work and no play makes KZ a dull boy...

No comments: