Friday, July 23, 2004

I'm beat

Last night, I had to stay up till 2 AM.

Stupid college.  

 

You see, my university went fully online about four years ago. This was a nice improvement to the previous method. Before, you had to drive down there, fill up a form and wait in line till you got to the inscription booth. This could take hours and it was annoying as heck.

 

Nowdays, you can register right from the commodity of your own home, using the university's website. Nice, right?

 

It's very convenient if there is just one section, or if you don't care who is giving the class. But sometimes you may want to get yourself into a specific class with a certain teacher. And that's when things get complicated.

 

If you're in a picky mood, you must get in early 'cause classes fill up fast. Unfortunately, the inscription periods open at midnight. So you must really be interested in the choice of teachers available.

 

Generally, I wouldn't care too much about who was teaching, but not this time. You see, it's not that I wanted certain teacher to give the class: rather, I wanted a certain teacher NOT to give me the class.

 

So there I was, sitting in front of my computer, waiting for the clock to strike 12. I logged in, got into my user section and attempted to get into the class. It didn't work. A cold sweat came all over me.  Had I done something wrong? What if I had neglected some procedure at some point??

 

In short, it took me about forty minutes to get everything worked out. By the time I logged out and headed to bed, it was about 2 AM. As you can imagine, four hours' sleep is hardly refreshing. Almost as bad as no sleep at all. Almost.

 

Need I say how hard it was getting out of bed this morning?

 

Man, I am sooo tired. My eyes are all sore and my whole body feels like I got hit with a ton of bricks. And my mood is... well, suffice it to say that a female coworker told me I was the first case of male PMS she had ever seen.

 

No comments: