Friday, July 16, 2004

I CAN READ!!

Recently, I've rediscovered reading... REAL reading.
The kind you do with books.

I'm thrilled. This is so much better than reading magazines, which is pretty much what I'd been reading for the past 10 months.
Magazines are OK for a while, but the brain eventually needs something solid, something like... literature.

Why hadn't I been reading before? Good question.

You see, I thought I didn't have time, that books were just too long, but I was wrong. The secret is to read a bit here, a bit there...just what you can handle at a time. Before you realize it, the book is finished and you're looking for another. Personally, I try to read at least half an hour each day.

Right now, I'm finishing off a collection of short tales by Isaac Asimov.

This is what I've read so far:

  • The Tunnel, by Ernesto Sábato
  • The Metamorphosis, by Franz Kafka

Ok, so it's not such a long list, but... what did ya expect??
I've been on the reading wagon for only a couple of months.

UP NEXT: 1984, by George Orwell. I've seen the Apple ad, now I'll try the book!

No comments: