Tuesday, June 01, 2004

A night at the movies with Kz

You know, when I go to the movies, I try to appreciate the good and the bad aspects in a film. Maybe the plot was bland, but hey, the effects weren’t as bad. Or maybe the effects weren’t so good, but the concept was fresh. Or whatever.

This way, I rarely come out disappointed.

Now that doesn’t mean I can’t tell a good film when I see it. I do, I really do.
Also, when a film is sucky beyond repair, I can tell too.
But luckily, most films have at least some redeeming quality.

One thing you must have, though, is a clear idea of the kind of film you’re paying to see.
It is quite absurd to demand Shakespeare-level writing from a blockbuster. If you go see an independent film, you can’t expect happy endings galore.  
I mean: get a grip, people!!

No comments: