Tuesday, June 01, 2004

About the length of my posts

Maybe you haven't really noticed, but I tend to use big type and small paragraphs. I also have a tendency to use a lot of short words, and sentences of reduced length.

That not coincidental, it’s a reflection of who I am.

As the years have passed, I’ve noticed I have VERY short attention spans. Blame it on the TV, if you like. Some call it ADD, short for Attention Deficit Disorder.
Now, I’ve never been actually diagnosed with ADD, but to me it’s as plain as day.
You see, I get bored fast. If you want my undivided attention, SORRY! you can’t have it.
Or at least, you can’t have it for more than a few seconds. Minutes, if you’re REALLY good.

That is why I’m not really good at writing lengthy pieces. I get bored halfway! Also, I figure that a lot of people are like me, so I try to get to the point fast.
Maybe this explains why I got stuck writing my thesis. I couldn’t really bring myself to read the whole thing, so I didn’t really read it that much.
And when you consider that I was the one who had written it, it’s no wonder it tanked. HARD.

My impatient nature doesn’t help things, either. Sometimes I wonder how I managed to get this far academically.

But, I’m working on my alleged ADD. I’m trying to focus myself more, and not let my mind wonder so much.
I’m resting more, also, for I’ve noticed that when I’m tired, my attention levels drop even more. I think I’m making a lot of improvement.

Ok, enough of this!!
Let’s move to the next post already!!!

No comments: