Sunday, July 15, 2007

Another Potter movie, another wasted afternoon

I really don't know why I even bother anymore. Harry Potter and its related paraphernalia are totally foreign to me. I fail to see the magic, pardon the pun.

Maybe it's because I got into Potter's world thru the movies. Maybe if I had read each of the 10,000-page books, I could've found the interesting aspects in the story. But I don't really care about it all.

And yet, I keep going to see the films. Maybe the reason I keep throwing my money away is twofold: I don't like to be kept out of the loop, and Potter is really big. You don't get a lot of jokes nowdays if you know nothing of the Hogwarts and the Slytherins and everything else.
The other reason is that I keep trying to unlock J.K. Rolling's secret for marketing this crap for millions.

No comments: