Friday, April 06, 2007

McGross

I had been waiting to taste the new McGriddles for a long time. In case you don't know about them, they're just like a McMuffin, but with syrup-soaked 'griddle cakes' (think pancakes) instead of muffins.

Anyway, I wanted one since I heard about them on SuperSize Me. Granted, that's not the best place to get your McDonald's news, but hey, they made me curious. And when they finally came out in Kzanderallia, I totally wanted one, even after hearing some very negative comments.

The problem was that the McGriddles are part of the breakfast menu, which is only available from 7:00 till 10:30. And I am never near a McDonalds at that precise time. But I was determined, and so today I got not one, but two McGriddles.

However, I couldn't eat my precious McGriddles right away. I was on my way to the gym, and if I were to munch on the 'Griddles, it would have a negative impact on my performance. And so I had to wait for two hours till I finally had my hands on them.

As my teeth dug into the soft, sweet griddle cakes, my tastebuds started sending some disturbing sensations back to the brain. I couldn't really understand what was going until it hit me: the combination of sausage and maple syrup is revolting! Still, I soldiered on and finished the sandwich. I was unsure if I should try the second McGriddle, the one without egg in it. I decided to give it a chance, but the results were the same. I could feel the nausea building inside of me. I kept a handle on myself and finished the second Griddle as well.

I had to take a moment to control my unruly esophagus, that desperately wanted to heave everything out of my body. As I was doing so, I thought that my experience may have been tainted by the fact that the Griddles had to sit in the car for two hours. However I'm not about to go eat another one of those repugnant things, even if it is for science's sake.

5 comments:

donteatpoop said...

Maybe there's just something wrong with your McDonalds locations down in kzanderall land. McGriddles are about the only breakfast sandwich I like. And I loooove maple syrup with sausage. You're making me hungry.

Xander said...

As I said, it could be the fact that McGriddles don't age well. But for now, I'm not very anxious to try another one.

Galoot said...

When someone who limits their choices to "poop" and "everything not poop" comes out in favour of the McGriddle, I wonder where on the "not poop" scale it falls.

You are right. Sausage and syrup don't mix. I'll pass. Egg McMuffins rock, however.

Galoot said...

Note how nobody comments when you spill your guts out, but when you slap down McDonalds, everyone has an opinion. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey! *I* comment on other posts sometimes. :P

I don't really like those sandwiches much, I consider them "road food" on road trips when there are no other options available to me at present. I don't like eggs. I don't like how McD's makes my stomach feel afterwards... I think it's all the grease. Makes me want to hurl.