Saturday, April 21, 2007

I gave my mom a camera

Recently I had the opportunity to get a discount on a new camera. So I decided to use it to get a new Canon SD600 for my mom. I was supposed to give it to her on Mother's Day, but I just couldn't help myself and gave it to her yesterday.



She was really happy with it. It has a big 2.5-inch screen, which helps her take pictures without having to put on her glasses first. Plus, it's very easy to use. Just point-and-shoot.

So that's it for Mother's Day, right? WRONG! Today I swung by the Canon store and got her a camera case and a bigger SD card. (The 16 MB card included with the camera is just ridiculous.)

Am I being too generous? Maybe. But MAD magazine said it best: "A son who spends too much on Mother's Day is emotionally sick, but not as sick as a son who doesn't spend enough."

No comments: