Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I got a new car. Yey

The car was totally free. It was given to me as a gift.

Normally I would be excited about this sort of thing... but (and believe me, this is a major BUT)

IT'S IVY'S CAR.

Her parents couldn't bear the idea of selling it. They insisted on giving it to me. Believe it or not, I was against it for many reasons, the main one being that it was my late fiancee's car. But they were relentless. And so, here I am, with a brand new car. And it makes me so sad, you wouldn't believe.

It's like having Ivy here, in my driveway.

It's so horrible. Not the car (it's kinda nice, actually), but the load of emotional baggage it bears in tow.

I drove that auto several times. She didn't like to drive when we were together, so I had to take the wheel even when we took her car.

Oh... God... the memories... the pain... it's EVERYWHERE.

(sigh)

Afterthought



And just HOW am I supposed to have a social life now? Driving another girl in that car is gonna be awkward, to say the very least. I'm gonna be single forever.

No comments: