Friday, May 28, 2004

I sent a mail to my blog today...

Blog-by-mail is so very convenient.
Whoever thought of that deserves a Nobel Prize!!
...Or not. But it’s very convenient, still.

Being able to post by just sending a mail to your blog is really a godsend for those of us who are internet-challenged. And by being ‘internet challenged’ I mean I have a dial-up connection. Every second I’m online is money out of my pocket. And talk about slow! I even had to change the preferences on my browser so that it would stop loading pictures.
So now I surf in a totally image-free environment. Absolutely surreal, like using Microsoft Word to navigate in the net.

But, I digress. Going back to email-blogging, the thing that thrills me the most is that I can write whatever I like offline and just connect to send it in.

Also, I can apply formatting to the text a lot easier than before.
You see, since I surf on a Mac, a lot of the scripts that serve to turn plain text into bold and italic text don’t work.
 
Imagine. Every time I wanted any kind of formatting, I had to apply all the tags by hand. Talk about harsh!!
Now that’s a piece of cake, ‘cause I can use my mail client’s HTML formatting tools.
With those, the sky is the limit!!
Isn’t this the most exciting thing ever??


Hey, are you awake??

No comments: