Monday, February 12, 2007

Why I should not travel anymore

I traveled to Xanadu this weekend, to visit my friend Dano.

In case I hadn't mentioned it before, Dano and I studied Graphic Design together ages ago. After graduating, he returned home to Xanadu to set up his own Graphic Design studio, which has become quite successful over time. Then he got involved with one of the local universities in Xanadu, and he set up the Graphic Design program there. That was five years ago. In a few months he will be the new Dean of the Arquitecture.

His dad is still alive, and his parents are very young. They will be in top shape when the grandkids come. Oh, and did I mention that he is engaged and traveled to Europe with his fianceƩ a couple of years ago?

So, in short, he has a degree, he is a successful and respected member of the design community, he has his own design studio and he's gonna get married soon.

Believe me, I could actually hear the envy corroding my bones.

No comments: