Friday, February 23, 2007

Closure... kind of

Well, after a couple of months of awkwardness, Addie and me are back on speaking terms.

You might remember that I had grown so infatuated with her that I had decided to ask her to be my girlfriend. Unfortunately, she didn't feel it was such a good idea. That hit me like a ton of bricks right then and there, and it got worse over time.

Even though I understood that Addie had every right to turn my offer down, it still hurt like a bastard, week after week. So I slowly stopped talking to her.

That was two months ago. Over time, things had degraded so much between us, that it was hard to believe that we had ever been such good friends as we once were. We had grown so far apart we were almost strangers.

So finally, I grabbed the bull by the horns and asked her to stay after work to talk. I told her that I knew I had behaved badly, but that I was finding my way, and that I really wanted our friendship back as it once was. She said she was willing to try.

But this isn't a Disney movie, and we probably won't live happily ever after. For starters, I don't think things will ever be back as they once were. I mean, once you overstep your boundaries, it all goes to heck. And the sting of being rejected will probably stay with me for a looong time.

At least I got some badly needed closure on this whole ugly chapter. Time to move on.

No comments: