Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Addie made her choice

I thought there was nothing that could take my mind off a self-loathing process. I mean, once it starts, it's pretty much a downward spiral until it crashes into the ground and there's nowhere to go but up.

Turns out I was wrong. And Addie was the one who showed me how wrong I was. You see, I was at my Lexcorp cubicle, minding my own business, when I get this mail by Addie that said, "I need to talk to you after work." I wrote her one just like that a few months ago, when I wanted to make amends with her. And so, I thought it was gonna be a private matter. As I stepped into the office warehouse with Addie, I saw Louie was already there.

And before I knew it, I was in the middle of a heated crossfire, with lots of nonsense in the air and me trying desperately to save my sanity and make sense of all that was happening. A sentence here, an exclamation there, I managed to piece a coherent story out of the chaos.

Seems that Louie's girlfriend, who is a total friggin' whack job, started hassling him by no apparent reason, and when he finally confronted her, she blurted out that she had been warned that Addie was after her man. Not only that, but she claimed that I had been the one to tell her that!

When Louie saw my astonished face, he admitted that she could've misunderstood something I had said in chat. Sorry? Could've? You mean he wasn't even sure?? And here's another fun fact: I haven't talked to her in over a year! I mean, if somebody was telling me that my girl was doing something nasty, I'd check it right away, not a year later!!

I mean, sure, there was a dire need of clearing up things, but if anybody needed to be present was Louie's girlfriend. She was the one who said crap about me, and she was the one who needed to tell it to my face. She wasn't there. So why were the others there?

I feel betrayed. I can't believe Addie could set me up like this, no matter how mad she was.
How could I ever want Addie to be my girlfriend? It seems like the girl just doesn't know what a friend is.

No comments: