Sunday, March 04, 2007

Another crush bites the dust



Oh, it's a sad day for me. One of my most intense crushes, Neighbor Girl, is getting married.

Lemme tell you about Neighbor Girl. As her name implies, she lived with her family next door. I've known her for almost 20 years. She was a cute girl, but when she hit 14, she got HOT. She looks a lot like Kristin Kreuk: tall, slim and breathtaking.

Despite having her living so close, I never figured a way to get close to her. The fact that I am almost ten years older didn't help. A 24-year-old going out with a 34 year-old isn't so out of whack, but a girl merely 15 years of age going with a 25-year-old would've seemed kinda weird.

Anyway, a little time later I started going out with Ivy and so Neighbor Girl got sidetracked. But even so, every time I caught a glimpse of her coming out of her house I couldn't help but give out a little sigh for 'my impossible love'.

Fast-forward five years. Single once more, harmless little crushes like Neighbor Girl became a bit more relevant in my life. My brain started entertaining the notion that something could actually happen between us. Nevermind the fact that in the 20+ years of living by her, I had exchanged words with Neighbor Girl exactly once. And please ignore the fact that she had been going out with a guy for a couple of years. My heart wanted to believe it was possible.

But it wasn't.

My mom broke the bad news to me today. Neighbor Girl got preggo and is getting married ipso facto, this very Friday. I am heartbroken. It's as if a little bit of me has died.

As I said, it's a very sad day indeed.

No comments: