Thursday, December 28, 2006

Restoring my Granny's artwork

Take a look at this:



This print has been hanging at my granny's house since I can remember. It has a golden frame, not too fancy. When I was a kid, I stared at it and pictured myself being there.
It was a few years later that I realized there was a lake. It took me a little extra time to realize there was also a boat. Can you see it?

Anyways, the years and the sun made it faded and dull. So I decided to surprise my granny by restoring it. Of course, I can't restore the original print, but I took a picture of it and used good ol' Photoshop to bring it back to life. I think I did a really good job. I'm printing it and then I'm gonna use the very same frame the original had. I think she'll be pleased.

2 comments:

donteatpoop said...

Awesome. Great piece of work there. I bet your granny loves the shit out of you.

Xander said...

Yes, yes she does.