Saturday, August 07, 2004

Worst... headache...ever.

This is a follow-up to my insane posting session at 3AM on a Monday.
That kind of thing always has consequences. Damn, these were harsh.

For a while, though, I thought I had gotten off scot free. I just felt a bit tired throughout the morning. I got off work, went to my very first class of the semester, when...WHAAAM!!!

The biggest crushing migrane headache ever fell upon me. I swear my head felt like it was in a vise, with somebody screwing the damned thing tighter and tighter. After a while, I couldn’t even see properly with my right eye.

Being in the farthest corner of campus, the closest extra-strength aspirin was at least half a mile away. So I had three choices:

  • Run like heck across two parking lots with a mangled equilibrium and just one good eye
  • Cry like a baby
  • Tuff it out

I chose the latter, for I thought a good dose of machismo would do me good. In retrospective, it was the best choice, but it sure didn’t feel like it when I was holding my face with my hands, trying to muffle the pain and pay attention at the same time. I remember my teacher tried not to look at me funny, but was crassly unsuccessful.

100% understandable.

So, I’ve learned my lesson: no more staying up till 3 AM just to blog.

Starting tomorrow night.

No comments: