Sunday, July 08, 2007

Jesus freak

For the past ten weeks, I've been going to a church youth group. I started going for several reasons: I was looking to meet new people, and I wanted to get closer to my spiritual self. I had no idea where to go, since my parish doesn't have one. So I looked around and found two relatively close to my home. I picked out one at random and went.

I don't have to tell you I didn't know anybody and I felt awful. I was totally scared, but the people were really friendly and so I decided to stay.

It's really nice to be around young people who think Catholicism is cool. Up until now, I only saw that much enthusiasm in my mother and my granny.

If you told me three months ago that I'd be doing all this, I think I would've laughed in your face. But I'm so happy!!!

No comments: