Sunday, June 11, 2006

On tonight's episode...

Man, haven't you got the feeling that life sometimes resembles a teen drama?
Mine does.

Last night, I decided to go out and see my cousin Paul's band, DeZirkhus. They're not really big right now, 'cause -family love aside- they suck. The bass player (Rod) and the drummer (my cuz) are kind of decent, but the singer/lead guitar (Punch) doesn't have such a good voice, and he keeps forgetting his lines. Oh, and the venue is no bigger than your average walk-in closet.

It was a pretty slow night until the bass player's girlfriend showed up with her cousin on tow. Man, that's when things got really cool. She was really cute, funny... I was totally attracted right away. She lit up what seemed to be just another night of ear-blasting music. Well, maybe the night would've been really interesting anyway cause a few minutes later a drunk woman started to do a dance that would put a Vegas stripper to shame.

Back to the girl. Her name was Jenny, and she was utterly extroverted, but not in an annoying kind of way. I was delightfully surprised how easy it was to talk to her. We talked about her plans to go to take a year off school to go to Paris to learn French, about the fact that my dad owned a piece of land near the place where she lives. At this point I was already aware that 1) she had a boyfriend and 2) that she was really into my cousin. But I just didn't care.

When the guys decided to take off and head to Rod's place to have some drinks at about 1:30 AM, I went along only 'cause Jenny was gonna be there. The same was true when they switched to a parking lot near Paul's house at about 2:44 AM.

When the night finally ended, at about 3:45 AM, my thoughts were on Jenny. If only she didn't have a boyfriend, if only she didn't have a thing for my cousin, and if only she wasn't ten years my junior... who knows?

Afterthought

A 29-year-old man going after 19-year-olds? I totally feel like a dirty old man. And yet, it feels so right...

No comments: